Makes about 1/2 cup.
What you need:
- 1 cup nuts, toasted
- 1 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- A pinch of salt
What to do:
- Toast nuts at 350F for about 10 – 15 minutes.
- Remove nuts from the oven and let them cool to room temperature on baking sheet.
- Meanwhile, whisk together vegetable oil and honey. Set aside.
- Pour the nuts into the food blender/food processor. Add in a generously pinch of salt. Turn it on and let it blend for a few minutes.
- When nuts get blended into a fine crumb texture, slowly drizzle in vegetable oil and honey mixture. Let the blender run until you get a smooth, creamy consistency (takes about 2 – 3 minutes). If the nut butter is too thick for your taste, thin it out by adding in just a little bit more oil.
- Taste the walnut butter and add more honey to taste.
- Transfer to an airtight container, and store in the refrigerator (use it up as soon as possible for best quality).